Saturday, January 24, 2009

Undefeated


"We don't keep score, so we're undefeated." - Coach Jerry Wild

Nathan's basketball team, The Penguins, wrapped up their season today. They got trophies at the Awards Ceremony, and then the whole team went to Larry's Pizza for lunch. In between each of the activities, they had the obligatory sugary treat: cookies from one of the mom's after the game, cupcakes from the coach's wife after lunch, and then candy from cashing in the game room tickets! (As I was typing this, Nathan just came up the stairs and asked me for a snack!)
So far, we have been very fortunate to get on teams with nice coaches, good kids, and (mostly) well-behaved other parents. I don't know what activity Nathan will choose next, but we are limiting it to one thing at a time. I think that's plenty for a 6-year-old. And pretty soon, little sis is going to want in on the action! I'm sure Nathan will be her biggest fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment