Sunday, January 18, 2009

No more running on the treadmill.... Dr.'s orders

So I went to the Doctor Friday for some lower back pain. It's been bothering me for a couple of months now, but it has gotten to the point where I can't stand up to blow dry my hair without being in excruciating pain. (scale of 1-10, it's a 10). After talking to the doc for a while she said my back pain is from running on the treadmill. Apparently I really screwed my back up (not that it wasn't already screwed up to begin with) She took x-rays and ordered me to one month of physical therapy three times a week!!
This really sucks!!Here I am trying to get healthy and exercise three times a week (which I've been doing for almost five months now-I have to brag a little because I was so proud of myself) and now I can't. She said I could do low impact exercises walking is fine, just not on the treadmill for a while or do the elliptical (which I don't have one) So basically I'm just frustrated about the whole situation. Not just the inconvenience of P.T., I feel like I'm going to lose my momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment