Monday, January 26, 2009

The Duggar Wedding

WARNING: All Duggar-haters (Renee), stop reading now.

For all my fellow Duggar-lovers (you know who you are), I felt the need to comment on last night's show. Just in case you missed it, Josh (the oldest Duggar) got married. My DVR did not record the 8:00 showing, but of course, TLC showed it again at 11:00. Yes, I stayed up until midnight watching the Duggars. Don't judge me!

Most of the show was exactly what you would expect, however, there were a few surprises. First, I was totally grossed out by the two women making the chicken salad for the reception with their bare hands! I mean, they were up to their elbows in it! Secondly, since I was watching Live TV (ugh!), I caught a commercial for Plan B contraception advertised. Very un-Duggar. I know it's a forgone conclusion that the new Duggar couple wouldn't use any birth control, but I was surprised that they included "letting God decide how and when they would have children" in their vows.

Lastly, I was not prepared for the groom serenade. I really wasn't expecting that, but it was pretty much the perfect ending to a very Duggar affair.

4 comments:

  1. You know I love the Duggars, too. I, of course, watched the wedding in full (including the ad for plan B). I was secretly jealous that John didn't sing to me at our wedding about loyalty. And then the very next day I saw my favorite Duggar at Sams (Jinger). She's my favorite because she's always kind of rolling her eyes at her family. It cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're wagering bets on which Duggar goes bad. My money is on Jinger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Dad's comment that Jesus turned the water into grape juice. "Be not drunk with grape juice, wherein is excess." That's what I always say. Grace was watching with me, and I was a little stressed by so much discussion of marital relations, and the Plan B commercial as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too, love all things Dugger. I was very impressed with the "modest" bridesmaid dresses, made in a trailer in one week! They looked like regular bridesmaid dresses. One thing you can say for the Dugger girls is they really know their way around a sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete