Saturday, October 17, 2015

Kangaroo Crossing

It took a week, but I finally saw some kangaroos in Australia! On our way back from Perth today, we went to a national park where we saw some that, while technically wild, are pretty used to human interaction. You can feed and pet most of them, but they would run off if they felt threatened or the feed ran out. The joeys were of course adorable when their heads where sticking out, but it looked pretty weird to see a random foot protruding from the pouch. 

There are also truly wild kangaroos in the area. One crossed the road in front of  us (pic on my camera that I'll have too upload later), and we even saw a roadkill kangaroo on the way back home. Amanda said they are like deer. (Of course, she said that about the gators in Florida too. I still beg to differ on that one!) But I think she's right about the kangaroo; they are cute but can be a nuisance to cars. I haven't eaten any yet, but it is on the menu later this week.

Kangaroo Selfie

These two practically posed for me

This brave mom let AJ pet her joey









No comments:

Post a Comment