Saturday, October 17, 2015

The Wild, Wild West


One of my favorite days in Australia was when we packed up the cars and made a trip down the coast. The diversity in the landscape was unbelievable! Our first stop was the Pinnacles -- a desert with these crazy limestone formations.
 






The next stop was Kangaroo Point on the Indian Ocean. It was the coldest, windiest day of my trip, but these Floridian kids couldn't resist getting in the water. I dipped my toes in and that was enough for me. :)




We passed these incredible sand dunes on the way to the beach and had to make a quick stop on the way back to explore them before a rain shower ended our fun. My pictures don't do justice to the size of these massive dunes that Mikayla dubbed the Mashed Potato Mountains.




We made a few more stops on the way back before watching the sunset over the Indian Ocean.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment