Thursday, May 29, 2014

Down Memory Lane


Camera charged? Check.
Waterproof mascara? Check. 
Tissues in purse? Check.

Today was Nathan's 5th Grade Promotion at Roberts. I don't think it would seem like such a big deal if the middle school situation were better here in the LRSD. After six great years of public education, our kids are now scattering around the city to find the best fit for their families for middle school. Nathan has been part of a close-knit group of boys whose families have become some of our close friends as well. It's sad to see them going their separate ways. I held it together pretty well during the ceremony with only a few tears, but it was touch-and-go. I had to tune out during the part of the slideshow when they played "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story. Seriously, people?

Since I'm a glutton for emotional punishment, I've downloaded one of my favorite pictures from each grade. They're all blog repeats, but I think they are worth sharing again. Congratulations, Nathan! We love you!

First Day of Kindergarten with Mrs. Cooper

Fulbright Friends: Nathan, Brooks, Carter, and Luke

First Day at Roberts: Nate (2nd grade) and Ashley (Pre-K)

9th Birthday: Nathan, Luke, Carter, Thomas

First Day in 4th Grade with Mrs. McBride: Carter, Nate, and Luke

5th and 6th Grade Soccer -- Team USA





No comments:

Post a Comment