Saturday, August 23, 2008

So long, Virgie Mullinax

I'm sure that most people who read the title of this post are going, "Huh?" But, Renee and Jeff will understand completely. Renee and I both received these giant skillets as wedding gifts. (Amanda did not get one. No big skillet as an adult; no Barbie Dream House as a child. She's so mistreated.) Anyway, they came from this old lady at Ten Mile named Virgie Mullinax, so I have always called it "The Virgie Mullinax". Weird, I know. I don't usually name my cookware, but I have used that skillet at least a 3 or 4 times a week for the last 10 years, and it finally wore out. I was just cooking dinner tonight in my other, smaller one and lamenting my loss. So, whoever has my name for Christmas, there's an idea for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment