Friday, February 13, 2009

Random Things On My Table


The first random thing on my table that I took a picture of is this adorable little pig that Jennifer gave me for Christmas. (No, it's not the Manners Pig.) I named him Pigby and have already used him to make my semi-famous spinach artichoke dip a couple of times and this casserole.
While I'm on the subject, I guess I should explain what I mean by "Manners Pig". We had a wooden pig on our table growing up called the Manners Pig. If you used bad manners at the table, the MP would be turned toward you. In theory, whoever ended up with the MP facing them would have to wash the dishes. While I definitely think that my family could use a MP, I don't think a blazing hot piece of stoneware would make a good choice!

Random thing #2 that you might find on my table: Nestle Pure Life bottled water labels...lots of them! They are collecting them at Nate's school, and we have already turned in over 300! We drink some bottle water around here, and Jeff's cousin Cindy has sent us a few dozen, but the real jackpot has been from Jeff's students. He mentioned to them that he was collecting, and they just keep turing them in. (I guess that's one way to suck up to your instructor.)

2 comments:

  1. I see you found a table for your kitchen. I can't really see it well in the picture but I'm glad to see you found one you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, take a picture of the whole table and email it to us to see! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete