Monday, February 16, 2009

Fine lines and wrinkles

Jeff hates it when I blog about him, but I'm going to do it anyway. My husband is well known as a great (if extravagant) gift-giver. Really, he puts his other husband friends to shame on a regular basis. That being said, I thought I would share what I got for Valentine's Day.

First, he sent me flowers at work on Friday (red tulips in a really cute vase). Then on Saturday morning, he gave me a card, candy, some new underwear and makeup. Here's the weird part. My makeup including not only the little Clinique bonus bag, but also the large bonus tote. I'm thinking, "How much make-up did he buy? I only told him one thing I wanted." Well, it was just 2 things - the powder that I was nearly out of and some high dollar wrinkle cream. Okay, so it wasn't called wrinkle cream, but it was.

Don't get me wrong, I was very happy to get it. I've never bought anything like that for myself, even though I have been noticing a few "fine lines" in the last year or so. I just can't believe that the salesperson would convince a husband to buy wrinkle cream for his wife for Valentine's Day. That could be a very touchy subject.

So if you see me in 7 to 14 days, I should be looking much more youthful and radiant. Now I'm wondering what to expect for my birthday. Botox? Liposuction? We'll see!

3 comments:

  1. I have already noticed a different "glow" about you. Nothing like the gift of wrinkle cream to say "I Love You"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first "Anonymous" comment is from Jeff, but I don't know who wrote number #2, but I published it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The culprit... WTF!

    ReplyDelete