Thursday, September 4, 2008

In the dark

Well, the electricity is still out at our house. A tree fell on Crazy Rock Man's house and damaged a power line behind it. Unfortunately, all the rock "sculptures" are still intact. (If you've ever driven to the top of our cul de sac, you will know what I'm talking about!) There was a crew working on it this evening, but they said it would be tomorrow before they had the power restored.

I have really been working with the kids (Nathan, anyway) on being grateful for things and not complaining so much. In light of that, I have tried not to complain to much about the power. I had to throw away some food from the freezer and CHI my hair at work this morning, but it's not that big of a deal. We took some toys to a hurricane shelter here in town yesterday to try to emphasize the being grateful part. I'm not sure if any of if is sinking in, but we're working on it.

Anyway, I still have e-mail and Internet on my cell phone, so I'm not totally disconnected. Thankfully, the power has not gone out at work. I would really hate to have to implement the Emergency Preparedness Plan.

1 comment:

  1. Rach,
    Jeremiah and Micah were concerned about your electricity this morning on the way to school. We tried to call and get an update. Hope it's back on soon.

    ReplyDelete