Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hurricane Season

Just to clarify, I am not the sister who moved to the Florida Gulf Coast. I know that it might be confusing since I keep reporting on hurricanes. What is the deal? We have had more a of "hurricane season" here in Little Rock than Amanda has had in Ft. Myers. Ike has passed through, and it is actually nice and sunny outside this morning. (And, we did not lose power! Yea!)

We have had a busy weekend. We went to the Benton/Catholic game on Friday night. The first waves of the storm blew through before the game, so we didn't get wet.

Then yesterday morning, (in spite of the impending tropical storm) we had a garage sale. Jeff and I were debating on when we last participated in a garage sale. He thinks it was when we did one with the Fowlkes at their house in Cammack, but I swear that we had one at the little house in Maumelle. Regardless of when it was, I said that I would never have another one. Well, I guess I'm a liar, because we did, and it went very well. We sold almost all of our things in about 3 hours and made over $200. Missy participated at the last moment and did well, too. Most importantly to me, we got rid of a lot of junk that I now don't have to haul off to charity or the dump.

One last note on the yard sale, I thought that our steep driveway would be a deterrent to customers, but it was not. People are very determined when it comes to buying other people's junk.

1 comment:

  1. We had near miss with the storm. A huge oak tree fell behind our house, but fortunately it fell in the opposite direction. It would have taken out our fence for sure and possible Nathan's room if it went the other way.

    ReplyDelete