Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Family Fun Night

We took the kids to Cheeburger Cheeburger for "Family Fun Night" which basically means that they have a magician who makes balloon animals for a few hours on Tuesday nights. We got there a few minutes after 6pm, and the place was not crowded except for one giant table that had 6 adults and 14 children - yes, I counted - which included 3 newborns. Since that large party was ahead of us, it took over 45 minutes to get our burgers.

We were just about finished eating when the magician made his way over to our table. Please bear with me as I describe the weirdest interaction that I've had in a restaurant in a while.


First the magician (who looks perfectly normal) takes one of Nathan's carrot sticks off his plate, eats it, chokes on it, and has to go get himself a drink! He then starts his "show" and the first couple of tricks were total flops.


Meanwhile, he was talking non-stop about his recent weight loss (which started the whole carrot-eating episode)...his Calvinist grandfather who was freakishly strong...the rip tides and suprising lack of jellyfish on his recent trip to the beach...etc. It was just weird! The guy stood near our table for at least 15 minutes, and that is no exaggeration! He did make some pretty cool balloon animals and did one trick with a dollar bill that I still can't figure out.


I'm going to have to pass on Family Fun Night for a while. It wore me out!



This picture cracks me up. Ashley is using her pink poodle balloon as weapon.

2 comments: