Thursday, October 2, 2008

We're not really "cat" people

Ever since Jake died, Nathan has been asking if we could get a cat. Jeff and I have both tried to talk him our of it, but he really wanted one.
Long story short: We got a cat.

Long story long: Melissa, another pharmacist that I work with, found a cat that was abandoned at a gas station by some hurricane evacuees. She rescued it, took it to the vet, had it neutered, and then had to get rid of it because she was afraid that her other animals wouldn't get along with it. She's been trying to convince me to take it for over a week. Though Jeff denies it now, he talked me into it. (Direct quote: "Why don't you just get it. The kids would love it.") So, last night, I came home with the cat.
We cannot have any furry pets in the house because of our allergies, so we put him in the backyard. I had to warn Nathan that you don't really pick your cat; they pick you. But I guess he likes it here. He was still here this morning and again when we got home from school this afternoon.

Here's a picture of our newest addition. He's white with a black tail and random black spots. We're thinking of calling him "Ike" since he supposedly was left by hurricane evacuees.


Nathan drew these for me to "thank" me for the cat.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! We have found outdoor cats to be great, low-maintenance pets. Sometimes ours wander off for a day or so, but they come back. Anything that merits an unsolicited "thank you" note is pretty much worth it.

    ReplyDelete