Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dear Benton High...

I guess it's true that some things never change. We went to a Benton High School football game last night, and it was exactly like it was when I was in high school. Same uniforms, same field, and even some of the same coaches. The old Middle School is now UALR Benton campus, but everything else was just as I remembered it.
Really, I felt like the only thing that had changed in the last 15 years was me. Going to the game with my husband of 10 years and our 2 rowdy kids is quite different. I now tote a purse filled with snacks and baby wipes and spend most of the game trying to avoid a visit to the Saline Memorial ER due to a bleacher-related injury!

4 comments:

  1. "Life's a sweeter, bigger job oh Benton High!!!!!!!!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...makes us stronger, nobler people for our task.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can anybody remember the complete Alma Mater (sp?)? Whoever can remember the whole thing (from memory) should win some kind of prize. I only remember two phrases. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Life's a sweeter, bigger job".....? I can't believe you Fischer girls went to a school that has those words in it. I don't know any of the words to your alma mater, so when I go to Benton games, I just hum the tune to Pink Panther.

    ReplyDelete