Monday, October 13, 2008

Cake Drama - Part 2

Last year, we had a cake mishap at Nathan's birthday party. This time, I took Nathan with me to Kroger, and he picked out a cool Star Wars cake. I requested that it be ready by noon yesterday, but when Jeff showed up at 2:oo to pick it up, they couldn't find the cake. The couldn't find it because they didn't make it! I'm sure Jeff would add much more detail to the story, but in short, they pulled some random cake from the freezer and scrawled "Happy Birthday 6th Nathan" on it. The whole ordeal took about an hour, but at least they gave us the cake for free. This confirms to me that I should give up the whole pharmacy gig and open my own bakery!

Ugly cake with Star Wars figurines that we added


3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Nathan! I don't think the cake is that bad...I don't think it could make it onto cakewrecks (www.cakewrecks.blogspot.com).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link. I laughed out loud at some of those disasters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy is too nice. That's the ugliest cake I've ever seen! Sorry Nate. I hope it at least tasted good!

    ReplyDelete