Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hotel Adams

I said earlier this evening that I felt like we have been running a bed-and-breakfast at the Adams house. We have had company checking-in and checking-out all weekend! On Thursday, Amanda and kids stayed with us so that we could get up early the next day for some Black Friday shopping.
This was only my second time to do the day after Thanksgiving thing, and I must say, I don't really get it. Unless you're shopping for a specific, big-ticket item, I don't see the point of getting up before dawn. (For the record, we did not get up before dawn. More like 6:45 or 7.) I did have fun with Amanda, Renee, and my mom. Thanks again to the guys for watching all the kids!

The Fowlkes spent the night with us after the game on Friday. Jennifer and I did some more shopping on Saturday. It was much less crowded, and we were much more productive. Living in Mountain View, she is shopping-deprived, so we are very hard core when we get the chance to go.

Then after they checked out Saturday, the Johnsons checked in. They spent the night with us last night and went to church with us this morning. They headed back to PA after lunch and are spending the night in Nashville on their way home.

Overall, we had a great Thanksgiving weekend. We got to see most of our family and friends, had great food, and did a lot of shopping (and a lot of laundry)! Hotel Adams will be back open for business soon. If you need a place to stay in LR, just let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for letting us stay at Hotel Adams we had a great time!

    ReplyDelete