Monday, November 3, 2008

Counting Blessings

I took my kids to the doctor on Halloween for flu shots and Nathan's 6-year check-up. I guess I'm a terrible mother for taking them in for shots on Halloween, but it turned out to be a great time to go. Our appointment was at 2:50. We got there a few minutes early and were strapping back in the car seats by 3:05.

Nathan actually did not have to get any shots. This was his second year to get FluMist (the nasal spray vaccine). He has been really healthy this year. In fact, his last pediatrician appointment was this time last year for his 5-year check-up. And other than this appointment, Ashley has only been once that I can remember since her last check-up.

Tis' the season to count our blessings, and I am very thankful that our kids are well and thriving. Our good friend Brooke had a baby in September who was born at 30 weeks weighing just 1lb. 15oz. After 49 days in the NICU, she got to go home this week. Yea, Brynn! She seems to be doing great, and we are very thankful for that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment