Sunday, April 17, 2011

NYC - Day 3

6:00am - Renee tried to "fix" the stupid room clock yesterday, but somehow she must have set the alarm instead! And the clock is still an hour ahead!

6:09am - Dang clock! I guess I hit snooze trying to turn it off before. I tried to go back to sleep, but it was no use. Renee's still snoring, so I'm going to try to quietly finish up blogging from yesterday and plot our course for today...

9:50am - I woke up craving a big breakfast today, so I searched for a good diner close to our hotel. We walked a few blocks to West Way Diner - a local joint that the diner in Seinfeld was based on. We got seated right away and beat the Sunday morning rush. The food was so good and so cheap! Seriously, our bill for 2 breakfast plates, juice, and coffee was under $15. That's a good deal - especially in Manhattan!

10:30am - We didn't quite finish our shopping yesterday, and Renee was all done with sight-seeing. So after a pleasant walk up 9th Ave., we made our way over to some more stores. The weather was nearly perfect today - cool and sunny with some strong wind gusts.
3:36pm - We went back to hotel, grabbed our bags, and headed to the airport. Our flights were leaving from the same concourse just a few gates apart. Renee's flight was originally scheduled to leave at 5:30. We made it to the airport on time only to learn that her flight to PIT was delayed until 9:00!
5:10pm - We decided to check on my flight, and unbelievably, it was also delayed until 9:00! Apparently, the storms on Friday and Saturday caused a lot of delays, and it still effecting the airlines. (Huh? They were just thunderstorms this far east!). Renee and I decided that God must have thought that we needed a little more time together. Since we couldn't find a place to get pedicures in the airport, we had dinner and then went our separate ways.
7:15pm - Good news for Renee: her take-off time got moved to 8:00pm! Good news for Racheal: I found a little airport salon and got a quickie pedicure!
8:48pm - More bad news: my flight further delayed to at least 9:30. Um, make that 10:00. I guess I'll get home sometime...
10:28pm - Finally on the plane! Goodbye, New York! It was fun, but I'm ready to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment