Saturday, October 17, 2009

Marriage Conference

Aaron and I went to a marriage conference in Winchester, VA hosted by our sending church in Inwood, WV. Over the years we have been to many marriage enrichment seminars/retreats and they are always so good for us. This however was a very intimate setting with about 15 couples whereas all of the others we've gone to have been hundreds, some thousands of couples. So driving there I was thinking I was not going to enjoy it because it would be too personal (and maybe a little lame if I'm being honest-which you know I'll be) But I was pleasantly surprised! It may have been our favorite one yet. We love our sending church and have a great relationship with them. One family from Inwood volunteered to watch our kids for us overnight so we could attend the conference. It was an awesome weekend and I was reminded about how important communication is in marriage:speaking the truth in love, and to be quick to listen and slow to anger!!!Good Stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment