Saturday, October 17, 2009

Best Birthday Cake Ever!

First, two disclaimers: (1) This post has nothing to do with the title of Renee's last post, and (2) Jeff had my camera in Hot Springs this week, so I'm a little behind on my blogging.

That being said, we celebrated Jeff's birthday on Monday with our annual trip to the State Fair. In spite of the drizzling rain, we met up with the Krebs for the evening and enjoyed the fair food and what might be the best type of birthday cake ever...funnel cakes.



I even thought to bring some candles and matches into the fairgrounds so we could make it seem a little bit like Jeff's birthday. But, here's a newsflash for you, wax melts. I put the skinny little candles in the hot funnel cake, and they melted before we could sing "Happy Birthday".

3 of 4 Krebs girls

Lydia and Ashley on the Carousel

Morgan and Nathan on the Cobra
Grace and Nathan on the Hang Gliders (in the rain)

2 comments:

  1. Fa shizzle, my nizzle on the funnel cake/birthday cake. I love me some funnel cake. Makes me wish I had a fall birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it gets any better than a funnel cake and trip to the state fair with family, friends and carnies on your birthday.

    ReplyDelete