Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Deceptively Delicious

So I saw Jessica Seinfeld (Jerry's wife) on Oprah several weeks ago promoting her new cookbook. The concept is to puree vegetables and "hide" them in whatever you cook (from chicken to brownies) in order to get your kids to eat more vegetables. Well, I was sold. I requested and got the cookbook Deceptively Delicious for Christmas. I bought a lot of vegetables and got my puree on one night last week. My kids will both eat vegetables, but only a select few, so I tried some things they won't eat like squash and cauliflower. (If you've never cooked a butternut squash before, it can be a little intimidating. The smallest one I could find was over 4 lbs!) So, here are some "before" and "after" pictures of my first attempt. We've been out of town, so I haven't actually tried any of the recipes yet. I will let you know how it goes.






No comments:

Post a Comment