Wednesday, January 16, 2008

And then there was one...


Sadly, we lost one of our goldfish, Nemo, last night. He wasn't quite dead, but he was belly-up and very near the end. I told Nathan that we needed to set him free because he was sick. Nathan did not handle that news very well. He got upset, which made me get upset. He was mostly concerned about our other fish, Marlin, being sad if Nemo left. So, I suggested that we set him free in the goldfish pond at church. The parking lot by the goldfish pond is closed right now, so we won't get to "visit" him until we move to the new church. He was okay with that. If you wonder why we were so concerned about a silly goldfish, it's because we've had the same ones for over 3 years! I know, it's crazy. I bought them at Wal-Mart for 27 cents each just after Nate's 2nd birthday when he was in his "Finding Nemo" phase. It's not like I've taken good care of them, they just had some amazing longevity.

No comments:

Post a Comment