Thursday, June 12, 2008

Oak Bower

Mom took Nathan down to Lake DeGray yesterday for the annual Ten Mile week at Oak Bower. Dad, Ashley, and I joined them this afternoon. I can just imagine what my sisters would have to say about this:

Amanda: I love Oak Bower! I wish I were there! Remember that summer when we.....(insert random story here).

Renee: I'm out. I'm not dragging 3 kids out in this heat to get in that nasty lake!

Total opposites. I'm glad that I went. I haven't been down there in a long time. They have a new main building, and it's really nice. Mom says that the cabins are even air conditioned! It is kind of weird because I only knew about 15 people out of the 40 or so who were there. But Josh and Laura were both there, and I got to visit with them for a while. It's sort of like everything has come full circle. Here are the kids that I used to babysit all grown up, coming down to Oak Bower with their boy/girlfriends, and playing in the lake with my kids. Nathan just had the best time. He would have slept in the lake tonight if he could have!

1 comment: