Monday, June 30, 2008

Flying pigs and other amazing events!

Hi everybody !
I know you all thought that pigs would learn to fly before Amanda would learn to blog, but here I am! Anyway, we FINALLY got our phone and Internet hooked up here in Florida so I thought I might give this a try. I read the adorable stories that the Johnson boys wrote so I thought I would share about the "authoring" that's been going on here.
A few days ago Brandon and KK decided to write books. They spent at least 30 minutes drawing (Mikayla drew 6 pictures, Brandon had a huge stack.) Then KK had me write the words to The fish went out to sea. (The Octopus was out swimming. Up at the shore a party was going on. When an earthquake came...but then a tornado came with a bomb. But all the people were okay and the fish came along. The End!) It's not Shakespeare, but shes 4 and her words went along with the pictures. Then it was Brandon's turn. He was STILL drawing pictures and tying to figure out the best way to bind them so I suggested we just start with what he had. He came up with a loooong title about fishing and then gave up on the words half way though the first page. That pretty much sums up their personalities right there. Mikayla- Not the most creative child around, but she works hard and loves anything to do with learning. Brandon- the kid would play or do art all day but ask him to do anything remotely academic and he says "I'll just do that part later." Can you tell I'm just a bit concerned that he's the one going to kindergarten in 2 months?

3 comments:

  1. I just about fell out of my chair when I saw that this post was from Amanda!!! Good to hear from you. I am a little concerned about Mikayla's story...bombs, earthquakes, and tornadoes? What kind of stories have you been reading to her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda-Welcome to BLOG WORLD!
    Rach-We should place bets on how long before she blogs again. My official guess is two months. We'll see!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it took her nearly a year the first time, so my guess is 6 months!

    ReplyDelete