Monday, July 14, 2014

Snorkeling and Sandcastles

I woke early on Monday morning to the sounds of roosters crowing (chickens roam freely down here) and a way-too-early garbage truck. I didn't look at my clock, but it could not have been much past 5 am! I tried unsuccessfully to go back to sleep, and then gave up and made coffee. Thanks to Jeff for suggesting that I bring my own. Everything was closed here on Sunday - even the grocery store!

Since I was up before everyone else, I decided to head to the store and pick up a few things. The guy who checked us in at the condo had shown us a shortcut and told us that we could go on foot and bring the groceries back in the cart. Huh? I wasn't so sure about that, but he said they send a truck out every few days to pick them up. Sure enough, there were shopping carts everywhere, so I decided to give the hobo grocery shopping a try. ;)


After breakfast, we spent most of the day on the beach. We had another great day of snorkeling. Nathan made a friend (we named him Homer) who followed him around for like 10 minutes. Seriously! I was snorkeling with him, and it was for sure the same fish. We later identified Homer as a Bermuda Chub. 
 




Jeff spent most of his day on the paddle board. He was mostly solo but also spent some time hauling Ashley and me around as well. He also spent a little time napping in the hammock.



The kids ended the day making sandcastles. I had to force them to go in because, even with lots of sunscreen, we were all getting a little pink. Another beautiful day in the Caribbean!








No comments:

Post a Comment