Monday, December 20, 2010

Party Everyday, Party Everyday!


Last week was the week for Christmas parties for us! On Tuesday, we had two conflicting events. I went to a Christmas dinner with my mom at her church where the featured speaker was a lady named Marilyn Sternberg. She and her husband were both born into Jewish families and converted to Christianity as adults. They have an amazing story, and you can read more about it here.

That same night, Jeff and Dad watched Nathan in the first performance of the 2nd Grade Holiday Musical. Since we are in a public school, it was of course a multicultural experience. Nathan's class was featured in the Hanukkah song. How ironic was it that my son was singing a Hanukkah song while I was listening to a converted Jew speak about Christmas?


Mom and I made the second performance during the day on Thursday, and that afternoon both kids had Winter Parties in their classrooms. Jeff was also at school all day on Thursday as it was his turn as Watchdog Dad. What a fun day! We were all worn out after a long day at school but then had to go home and get ready for my work Christmas party that evening!

Friday was Pajama Day, so at least that should have made getting ready for school a little easier. However, both of my kids had fallen asleep in the car - in their regular clothes - on way home from Debbie's on Thursday night, so I actually had to get them dressed in their PJ's for school! It kind of defeated the purpose for me, but they had fun wearing them and had a relaxed last day of school.

That night, we had the Skinner, Stanisor, and Krebs families over for a little Christmas get-together of our own. We enjoyed lots of good food, and the kids got into the usual things that you do at the Adams' house: making a craft, freeze dance competition, and wearing random costumes. I don't really know why this has become the list of things you do at our house, but that's what they all ask for!



This time (while in costume), some of the kids wanted to sing Christmas carols for us. Calli and Grace will be mortified by this video in a few short years, but for now I have to share it. I don't know what started the little scrap between Lydia and Ashley, but it's too funny!




1 comment:

  1. Well, as long as you're wearing boxing gloves & a Ninja Turtle outfit, you might as well have a little scrap.

    ReplyDelete