Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rainy Day in NWA

Missy, Audry, and I made it to Fayetteville last night in spite of the bad weather. Our Ozark Race for the Cure team met at the James' for a pasta party on Friday night. Thanks again, Amy! We passed out our official Chemo Sabe uniform: hot pink cowboy hats, black masks, and team T-shirts.

Front row: Me, Angie, Heather, Amy, Jessica, Audry
On stairs: Emily and Missy


Lydia Ennis

Unfortunately, we woke up this morning to the sound of thunder. The race was delayed, but we still met early for some group pictures. Jessica is scheduled for her last major chemo treatment on Monday and did not want to risk getting sick from being out in the elements. So instead of "Race for the Cure", we had "Breakfast for the Cure" at Atlanta Bread Co. We made plans to do the actual race next year.

Jessica and Jeremy

Little Rock girls (past and present)

Missy and Audry

Since our wonderful husbands are taking care of the kids this weekend, we are enjoying a girls' weekend in Fayetteville. (My feet are soaking in the pedicure tub as I type.) Thanks guys! You're the best!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED seeing everyone Friday night!! I wish I'd made it for the breakfast. I woke up and saw the radar, and went back to bed :). I may have to copy that pic of Lyddie. I left my camera in the car that night. I hope that we see you all soon. If you ever need a place to stay in F'ville, you are VERY welcome here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see y'all too. I hope we don't wait so long to get together again. Our kids would have a great time together! I will e-mail you that pic.

    ReplyDelete