Sunday, April 26, 2009

Prom Flashbacks

Though it's hard to believe, Jeff's nephew Sean is a senior this year! He came over to our house last night to get ready for the Benton High School Prom. After he left, Jeff and I pulled out our old pictures and were having some major prom flashbacks. Jeff remembered a lot about his. For me, not so much. I can remember what we did before and after the prom, but the actual event is just a blur. I threatened to scan our old prom pics and post them here, but Jeff wouldn't let me have his. (And I certainly didn't want to embarrass myself alone!)

The BHS prom has definitely stepped it up in the last 15 years. For starters, the Clinton Presidential Library was the venue. I haven't seen any pictures of the actual event yet, but it's got to be better than the high school cafeteria decked out in fake ferns and glittery letters spelling "The End of the Road". (Pause here for Boys II Men flashback...)

The kids spent the weekend with Mom and Dad, so I went to church with them at Ten Mile this morning. For the first time in a long time, I was summoned by Tony to sing in an impromptu quartet with him, Clint, and Amanda French. Luckily for this old alto, they're still singing from the same hymnal we had growing up. BTW, this is probably old news to some, but Clint and Jessie are expecting a baby girl in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment