Monday, February 25, 2008

Parents Night Out

Mom called me last week and wanted to take the kids for a night. Yea! So, we met them for lunch yesterday and then had a day to ourselves. After a trip to Starbucks for Jeff to feed his addiction, we did a little shopping. As we were leaving, we drove past the former University Mall and the conversation went like this:

Me: I should take a picture of that for the blog to show Renee.

Jeff: Yeah, you should.

Me: Oh, but the camera's in the trunk.

(Pause)

Me: Pull over and let me get it out.

(Tires screeching as he whips into the Sears parking lot.)


No kids for the night, and this is what we do for fun! We did go to a grown-up movie for the first time in months. (I actually don't remember the last time Jeff and I went to see a movie.) We saw Vantage Point. It started out like "Groundhog Day" - the movie where Bill Murray keeps waking up, and it's the same day over, and over, and over - but it was very intense, and we both liked it.

2 comments:

  1. Racheal,
    I was just commenting on Jessica F.'s blog and noticed a comment from Racheal with an "ea" and knew it had to be you. Then I saw you had a blog and I was so excited! Thanks for the entertainment...I've been home with a sick Abby (2 1/2) for 2 days and I'm starting to lose it. Your family is beautiful. I'll check back!
    Amy James
    www.thejamesfive.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I hope Abby is feeling better. Being stuck at home with a sick kid is the worst. Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete