Thursday, January 21, 2010

Winter Wrap-Up

I know winter's not really over, but it sure seems that way. It's been nearly 70 degrees here this week! Surely there is more winter yet to come, but I had some random pictures that I haven't posted and couldn't come up with anything better to call them.


First, some pictures of the kids at church the Sunday before Christmas:




I also ran across these cute pictures of Ashley and Lydia at Jenna's birthday party. Neither of my kids had been roller skating before.





Lastly, I thought I would put some pictures from last weekend up. Apparently the MLK holiday is now a 4-day weekend for LRSD. No complaints here! We decided to get out of town for a couple of days, so we went to Tulsa on Saturday and Sunday. I've been through Oklahoma several times, but never to Oklahoma for any specific reason.
We went to Tulsa to go to the zoo, but since it was overcast and cold on Sunday morning, we started our day at the Oklahoma Aquarium. Ashley was particularly grumpy at the aquarium. I think it was because she was scared. She wouldn't touch anything in the hands-on displays. The only thing she liked were the turtles. Nate, however, loved everything - especially the sharks!


It was still chilly that afternoon, but we went to the zoo anyway. It wasn't the best zoo I'd ever been to, but it was okay. Plus, they have half-price admission in January and February, so it was only $12 for our whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment