Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow Day! (well, sort of)

It's hard to believe that earlier this week, Nathan was wearing flip flops and today they had a "snow day". It was actually just another "ice day". We have just started to get snow late this evening, but we have a lot of accumulated sleet. I went to work early this morning and left at noon. The roads were just starting to get bad as I made my way home.


I've said it before, and I'll say it again: our driveway may not be good for much, but it is excellent for sledding! Debbie bought the kids these flimsy plastic sleds last year at the end of the season, and they were perfect! If you can imagine sliding down our hill on a giant version of one of those flexible plastic cutting boards, then you would get the idea. Of course, Jeff and I got in on the action. We did pretty well except for the time that I ended up on my backside paralyzed with laughter in the neighbor's yard. ; )

Safety first! Jeff made sure that we wore helmets.
Ashley decided that sledding was more of a spectator sport!

1 comment:

  1. Jeff saw one of the neighborhood kids going down the hill in a recycling bin this morning! Whatever works, I guess. Last year, we used our leftover "Jody Carreiro for School Board" signs.

    ReplyDelete