Friday, December 4, 2009

Where did November go?

Before I start getting nasty comments about my lack of posting, I thought that I would catch up on November. Since I was out of town for the first half of the month, I have been working like a dog to catch up on everything at work for the last two weeks. Also, since I was not on call much at all in November, I'll be spending most of December on the call rotation. (It's been nice knowing everyone...I'll catch up again in 2010!)

As a result of my busyness, I'm dreadfully behind on my Christmas shopping. I have made a dent in my list today and plan to really hit it hard on Monday. I just got home from a quick trip to K-Mart. Yes, I know it's kind of a ghetto store, but they had a certain *undisclosed item* on sale that I'm getting someone for Christmas. I pulled up to the store at about 8pm, and the parking lot was packed! I thought that I would go on inside just to see how bad the lines were at the checkout, and they were surprisingly short. Confused, I wandered back to the *undisclosed department* to see if they had my *undisclosed item*. I found the crowd! Apparently this was the last night to pick up your layaway, so there was a really long line in the back of the store. I overheard a woman say that she was in line for an hour and forty minutes to get her stuff! Luckily, they had what I came for in stock, so I made my purchase and was on my way.

Before I get started wrapping my purchases, I will put a few belated Thanksgiving pictures on here. Unfortunately, neither the Stacys or the Johnsons (the Pennsylvania Johnsons, that is) were home this year, but we had a good time with Mom, Dad, and our almost-family (the Arkansas Johnsons, Krebs, and Stanisors).














And finally, here's a couple of pictures from Nathan's Thanksgiving program. The first one is with his friend Luke. Nathan was really irritated that his class had to be the pilgrims. Indians are way cooler!

2 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving Eve was really nice this year! Thanks for all your hard work. As a "lover of tradition" I really appreciate all you and Virgie do every year to pull it off.
    Mandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad y'all could make it. It wouldn't be TGE without you!

    ReplyDelete