Thursday, August 27, 2009

August Update

I have been kind of discouraged with blogging. Mainly because I am the only one posting anything on here (hint, hint), and because there are very few things that I have been doing lately that I would consider to be blog-worthy.
Here are a few quick updates...
Nathan now has more than one week of first grade under his belt. So far, so good. He has homework for the first time and is already doing the obligatory amount of complaining about it. He's not in class with any of his good friends from last year, so the mom of one of those friends is trying to get all of our kids on a football team together. I was game until I found out that they practice 3 times a week plus games on Saturdays! That is ridiculous for 6-year-olds! We still haven't made a decision yet, but I am not ready to make that kind of commitment for anything.
Ashley is doing well in the 3-year-old class. She thinks she's so big. Her latest thing is that she wants to wear a swimsuit all the time. She knows that she can't wear them out of the house, but as soon as she gets home, she puts one on. She's even been sleeping in them! I figure it's just a phase, and there's really no harm in it. The other night she was so tired that she fell asleep in the living room floor after her bath wearing nothing but her Princess towel.
As for me, I have nothing exciting to report. I was going to buy Ashley some new hair bows this afternoon, but decided that I was really tired of spending so much money on something so simple. Even though I'm pretty crafty, I've never been good at bow-making. So today I watched a short YouTube video on "How to Make Hair Bows" and tried some of my own. I think they turned out great. Can you tell which one was store bought?

No comments:

Post a Comment