Sunday, March 15, 2009

Three...it's the new two.

It's hard to believe that my baby is going to be three years old tomorrow! It was hard the first time around when Nathan reached different milestones, but this time, it is even worse. Jeff brought Ashley to me tonight while I was vacuuming to give me her last 2-year-old kiss before he put her to bed. I started tearing up a little as I was pushing the vacuum.

I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the terrible 3's (which in my opinion are much worse than the terrible 2's!) Ashley is fiercely independent, and we butt heads on a regular basis already. But at other times, she makes up for it by being very sweet. It reminds me of that poem:

There was a little girl and she had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead;
When she was good, she was very, very, good, but when she was bad, she was horrid!

We spent the weekend in Fort Smith with the Leslies (Bill, Brenda, Brooke, Riley, and Brynn). It was so good to spend time with old friends - and new friends - little Brynn (born 6 months ago, 10 weeks prematurely) is doing great. Ashley loved "helping" with changing and feeding a real baby. Nathan and Riley (almost 4), played really well together. We spent most of the weekend reminiscing about the good times we've had and planning adventures to come. Thanks again, Bill and Brenda, for having us.

2 comments:

  1. As her father, I must disagree with the poem and say that there is nothing horrid about my little sweet angel.

    ReplyDelete