Monday, September 28, 2015

DFW-SYD

We watched the Hogs lose yet another one this weekend in Dallas. While the boys were actually at the game, I was watching from the airport before getting what is (for a few more months) the longest direct flight in the world from DFW-SYD. Nearly 16 hours non-stop across the Pacific.

You can watch the flight path on your monitor. It's a straight shot to the other side of the globe. The first 3 hours were the worst. I was anxious and trying to force myself to stay awake as long as possible to get acclimated to Sydney time. I finally allowed myself to doze off into medicinally enhanced sleep and drifted in-and-out pretty peacefully. I woke up praying that some time had passed, and there were only 6 hours left! 



The flight was not all rosy. Crying 2 year old. Sick, hacking people sitting by me. But overall, it went better than I could have imagined. The worst part of the trip was landing in Sydney and finding out that the customs workers were on strike! It was just for 2 hours in the exact window in which I had landed. It was chaos!! I had nothing to declare, and it still took nearly 2 hours and a drug sniffing dog to get cleared and on my way. By that time, Amanda had made it in from Perth. I met her at the domestic terminal, and we set off on our big adventure Down Under. Lots of pics to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment