Friday, October 18, 2013

I thought he said "cake"!

On Monday we made our annual pilgrimage to the Arkansas State Fair. We got there a little earlier than usual, and it was already crowded! Luckily, we seemed to be just a little bit ahead of the long lines, so we saw and rode everything we wanted while still making it home by 8:30. Ash was tall enough for everything but the roller coaster this year! 




The funniest line of the night happened outside the National Guard booth. They were offering superhero capes to anyone who could do 10 push-ups. Nathan easily did 10, so Ash joined in.  When the army guy got out the red capes, Ashley disappointedly said, "I thought he said cake!" LOL! That's my girl. They loved the capes though and wore them the rest of the night. We of course did have a cake (of the funnel cake variety) on the way out.

Highlight of the night was easily the bungee jump thing. I made them bring their own money for any "extra" things like this. They easily forked over $7 bucks and wished they had brought more so they could do it again! I wish I could get the video to post on here, but I haven't been able to do that lately. They were both flipping and having a blast! Ashley looked like she was trying out for Cirque du Soleil. 


One last pic on the way out. I know these times of walking around the fair and wearing a matching cape with his little sister will soon be over. It makes me a little sad, but we will enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment