Wednesday, June 5, 2013

First Day / Last Day


Keeping with tradition, I'll post a first day/last day pic of my 1st Grader and 4th Grader.  With the exception of a few missing teeth, I don't think the changes this year are quite as striking as in the last few years.  2012-13 has been a doozy of a school year though!

I have to brag on Nathan a bit.  We stuggled through most of the year.  More than just academic learning, he really had to learn a lot about motivation, organization, and self-control this year.  In fact, my ad in the yearbook for him read, "Glad we survived the 4th Grade!" Honestly, it was touch-and-go for a while. He finished the year really strong and even made all As on his final report card!  I sent his teacher an email this morning thanking her for all she's that done this year and said that I really think he's ready for 5th grade. We've come a long way!

Ashley's year got off to a rough start too, but I won't vent about it here.  Academically, she has thrived! She's reading far ahead of her grade level, writes really well, and is super at math and spelling.  However, she doesn't love school anymore though, and that makes me sad. :(  Maybe next year will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment