Monday, May 13, 2013

Science Fair 2013

The Science Fair is mandatory for 3rd through 5th grade at our school.  That means I will be doing a project for 6 straight years!!  Don't get me wrong.  I'm a self-proclaimed science nerd, so it's not the worst thing to have to do.  However, I decided to impose some ground rules:
  1. NO GROWING PLANTS - it takes too long!
  2. Project must be able to be completed in a weekend.
  3. He will be typing the logbook from here on out.  Nathan and I nearly came to blows last year as I made him painstakingly write out 21 days of data! (See Rule #1.)  In my defense, I thought it had to handwritten.
He decided to go with something I know a little bit about this year--microbiology.  We both enjoyed the project more, and I think he actually learned something in the process.  The icing on the cake--he won first place in his class!  Yea, Nate!





No comments:

Post a Comment