Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Noodle Season

There’s a little-known harvest that takes place in Arkansas from around Memorial Day through Labor Day. My dad, who spends many hours driving Arkansas’ highways, has dubbed it “Noodle Season”. He’s always been one to stop and pick-up the random life jacket or ice chest that has blown out of a passing boat or pick-up. And for the last few years, he’s also been spotting – and occasionally picking up – stray pool noodles. As far as I know, he has no particular use for them, but I guess it gives him something to do in the truck besides looking for animal sign and listening to “Willie’s Roadhouse”.


He declared this past Saturday to be opening day of the season, so we spent our trip back from western Arkansas hunting noodles. I’m happy to say that I spotted the first one of the summer! Sadly, it was not in the best shape.



















Wishing you a fun summer and happy noodle hunting! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment