Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cotton Needs A Pickin'


Dad called me last week and wanted take the kids out to Scott to see the cotton fields in full bloom (?) - probably not the right word. I agreed as long as we could work in a trip to Charlotte's. Surprisingly, my dad had never been there. This little, hole-in-the-wall kind of place seems right up his alley. One quick update on my favorite pie shop: they now take reservations, and you need them on Saturdays. For real. We got there 10 minutes before they opened and took the last non-reserved tables. Crazy!

Back to the cotton...

Ashley wasn't feeling well Saturday morning, so we just drove around after lunch stopping for a few quick pics near one of the fields. Dad's grandparents grew cotton, and I remember my Granny's stories about long days pickin' cotton as well. Dad also educated us on the harvesting of soybeans and pecans. I wish I had taken some pictures of the pecan orchards. I think they are so pretty. Maybe we'll have to go back another day for more pie, uh, I mean pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment